19 May 2006

Ex...what?

Got an email yesterday from R., a guy I went on a couple dates with about six months ago. The last time I saw him was when I invited him to watch the Final Four with a group of friends and he sat awkwardly in the corner staring at a game I know he didn't care about, talking to no one, and just generally behaving like a tree stump.

So then, why, three months later, would he send the "hey, how you been" email? Furthermore, why do you suppose I would be mildly pleased to receive it? Maybe I'm looking for a little drama in my life, and maybe R. is slightly awkward and has an annoying conversation killing habit:

Me on 1st date: So I've been trying lately to build a DVD collection.

R: I'm not interested at all in having a DVD collection.

Me (sipping water in attempt to hold tongue): Aha.

but he's intelligent and independent (news flash: I'm generally a wuss magnet), so I guess we'll see where it goes. Maybe guys sometimes need a little drama as well.

No comments: