16 July 2007

Oh Yeah

Correction from my last post:

There actually was one interviewer who did remember me, and I have to admit I didn't recognize him at first. Touche.

And, AND I forgot perhaps the weirdest quirk. Our bathroom stalls have two rolls of toilet paper. Guards against outages, I like it. But when a new roll is installed, it's held together with a sticker that says "Please help us reduce waste -- use other roll." I've been thinking about this for...it'll be a month on Wednesday...and I can't figure out how in the world finishing one roll before starting the other would reduce waste. Does toilet paper go bad and have to be thrown out? Do people subconsciously use more toilet paper when they're pulling from the bigger of two rolls? It's a mystery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally, my year of coffee shop experience pays off!

Say you have two rolls of paper, one of which is at 100% and the other of which is at 25%. If people start to use the 100% roll, then you run the risk of getting to a point where you now have a 50% roll and a 25% roll, or some amount of paper where the person who stocks your bathroom is going to have to replace the 25% roll with a full roll or else risk someone getting caught short. Then you're stuck with a little roll that's probably going to get thrown away because people have better things to do than carry around mostly used rolls of toilet paper, especially when they'd rather always replace with full rolls to avoid having to stock paper more often.

Anonymous said...

I know corporations, offices and groups of people working together have been around a long time, but I swear they were created soley for blog-fodder!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Buffie. Corporate inanity - toilet paper related and otherwise - is the best and most hilarious blog fodder imaginable! And it's one of those arenas where you have to laugh so you don't cry (or go postal).