23 September 2007

The Little Things

The other night, a concerning shortage of cat food led me to the Target on Roosevelt and Clark (parking lot features one of the top five skyline views in the city). As is the norm at Target, I ended up with a large cart of "essential" supplies featuring everything from a box of granola bars to a bottle of Tums to a 3-pack of socks.

As I watched the cashier bag the haul, it occurred to me that she was doing a pretty good job. Food together, clothes together, toiletries together. But I didn't realize how good until I got home. It was like she had been to my apartment before! I took whole bags into the pantry, the bedroom, and the bathroom and came back empty-handed.

Next time, I'm looking for her line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of Target. My second home.