04 October 2007

An Adventure

A perhaps very bright friend suggested I start a blog dedicated solely to sports. I think partly because she's sick of hearing me talk about college football, and partly because she thinks it has the potential to lead to a career for me.

I'll admit, I was kind of skeptical. Even assuming I have the talent, I'm not entirely convinced that talent is a determining factor in these kinds of endeavors.

But the more I think about it, the more I realize it's a fantastic idea whether or not it leads anywhere. though I certainly don't mind my job now, and there are aspects of it that I like, I'd be lying if I said it captured my interest. And when I think about it, the only thing that really has day in and day out, is sports.

So here you go, comments are more than welcome, as are other readers you think might be interested. The new one will be a lot less personal, hopefully a bit more pointed, definitely not written all in one sitting. This blog will continue as is, but probably with slightly less whining about football referees.

Enjoy, let me know what you think!

No comments: