18 August 2006

Top Three Annoyances of the Week

3. Car insurance
So, my auto insurance was up for renewal this month, and I finally got around to grabbing a quote online from Progressive--turns out I can save over $500 per year. Which is great, except silly me, I actually feel bad about leaving behind my AllState agent, who has been wonderful to my family for a number of years and is just generally an all-around nice guy. So I wrote this long, involved, apologetic goodbye email and then felt slightly better. I seem to have so much trouble with (even mild) confrontation with strangers, which is funny, since I have no problem when it's people I know well.

2. The cat, who made me eat my words the other day. I was at a co-worker's house--somehow, we bought a digital recorder that is not compatible with MACs, which is funny, since all of our computers are MACs--and she has two dogs. They're very sweet dogs and all, but as you may have previously read, I hate dogs. They're clingy, loud destroyers of important property. I was congratulating myself on the way home for owning the greatest pet known to mankind and then I walk in the door and my roommate is on his hands and knees cleaning up his rug. A certain furry friend likes to play with hair rubber bands and occasionally gets so excited that she eats them (which makes sense, since I occasionally get really excited and eat baseballs...). They are undigestible, of course, which necessitates the finding of the only non-hardwood floor area in the apartment and the subsequent unloading of foreign substances. If anyone sees a 'sorry my cat puked on your rug' card, pick it up for me, will you?

1. U.S. Cellular, who has decided to advertise the fact that their customers can now get cell service in the subway tunnels. My mornings on the red and/or blue lines will no longer lack that guy arguing with his girlfriend about who really gave her the clap. So, yeah, thanks for that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little hurt by the dogs eating important things I can honestly say that I can't think of a single thing tucker has ruined. that said he is crazy and clingy and a huge mama's boy.
~Maggie

Anonymous said...

It's even more annoying when the car insurance company goes the other way - when you call to ask why they're charging you MORE this year than last year, and they tell you that they made a mistake processing your application last year and they didn't realize that you hadn't had a licence in the US for more than 3 years. It's all done by a computer! How can the computer not "realize"?! I think this is just a way to scam me out of more money...

Anonymous said...

that cat reminds me a lot of my roommate aaron.

and i just died a little inside reading about that cellphone thing. that'll be worse than riding with crying babies. what ever happened to a little quiet time- like these people REALLY can't wait 15 minutes to make that call? seriously- the clap isn't going anywhere.

Anonymous said...

However I think you should ask the girl to write down the name of the guy who gave her the clap, you know, just in case.

Anonymous said...

Audrey read the blog, against the advice of her grandmother, and she wants you to know that she ate the directions to the digital recorder not only because they were delicious but also because she realized that the recorder was not compatiable with any machine in our office. She knows how annoying that is and she wanted to save us from that headache in the only way she knew how.