12 May 2007

All Roads Lead To Perryville

I went to Rockford last weekend to try out for a professional softball team. Didn't make it (they were only looking for two players) but wasn't the worst player there either. And I'm still the best bunter I know. It's not too useful, but it's something.

I hate to be cliche, but it was one of those days that reminds you that all you really need is good company. When I think about what I did -

four hours of chasing a softball around, got nailed in the kneecap with a line drive (I swear it bounced because why wouldn't I catch a line drive? Others differ.), went to some weird fast food restaurant in an old firehouse, took a mini-hike (more like a slow walk) in Rock Cut State Park (which has no rocks, incidentally), had a incredibly hard time trying to turn onto Perryville road when we were *already* on Perryville road (that's what happens when you put two people with no sense of direction together), got some ice cream in a place with construction paper creations on the walls, attended approximately 15 minutes of an extremely strange brand-x Arena Football game, and got home after 11:00 at night, really sore and really happy -

- I can't say it would have appealed to me as a plan. But it turned out to be the best day I've had in quite a while.

No comments: