23 August 2007

Hey, They're Legal (Barely)

I’ve never been too into Disney stuff (undeniable heyday in the late ‘80’s/early ‘90’s excepted of course). In fact, I’d probably be first in line to say that the shows on the Disney channel actually verge on disoncerting. Memo to the Sprouse twins: you had a very auspicious start as the baby on Grace under Fire and then the absolutely adorable kid in Big Daddy, so I’m kind of sad to be totally creeped out by The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

Anyway though, I would be remiss not to admit that I watched High School Musical from beginning to end last spring. And not only did I watch it, I enjoyed it so much that I just sat and watched the entire sequel (worse. not surprisingly). And yes, it’s been documented that I love musicals, so that’s part of it, but I have to admit that I have a litte high school crush on this Zac Efron character. Even though I just looked it up and apparently, he’s 19. And approximately my size. But the boy can dance! And I once dated a…not very bright…guy for almost a month because he was a great singer (I mean *fantastic*. The karaoke alone was priceless.) I guess talent is a draw.

Maybe it would be more appropriate were I in high school (or a…shudder…tween), but I’m not the only one with the younger man (barely) thing. I know quite a few women over the age of 25 who are planning to see Superbad simply on the grounds that it features Michael Cera, he of Arrested Development fame. His birth year? 1988. There are dogs older than that.

I guess younger men really are in.

1 comment:

Liz McKeon said...

"There are dogs older than that," may be my new favorite line of all-time. Brilliant!