19 August 2007

Three Cheers for Weather Volatility!

I like to talk about the weather. A lot. And I find it...pesky...that we're all supposed to pretend that hot and humid is nice weather. But it seems that perhaps two and a half weeks of hot weather hits the limit for other people as well. After nearly unremitting 90 degree days since July 31, this weekend was cold and rainy (well, 70 or so - it feels cold). And you know what? Despite the fact that I played a baseball game, watched a baseball game, played about half an hour of soccer in the rain, and went to not one, but TWO barbecues that were forced indoors, I didn't hear one word of complaint about the temperature (though a few about the rain). And I heard three people (well, two and me) say that they were sort of enjoying the cool, grey days. It's nice not to be the only person looking forward to fall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember last summer when you compared walking around in Chicago in the summer to swimming in your own blood? Well, Nashville HAS to be worse. You know when you bake cookies, you set the oven to 350 degrees and then open the door? That heat wave is what it's like walking outside my apartment every day. It's been >100 for about 2 weeks now.

The other night I came home from work around 10:30pm and it was still 91 degrees... I too would be celebrating 70 degree and rainy weather!