25 July 2006

Two

Sorry for the lack of posts recently--my mommy was in town for a while, which was delightful. There's something about having a parent around that just makes everything feel safer or more comfortable or something. The fact that she's willing to drive everywhere probably doesn't hurt...

---

I've always been pretty darn happy single. Though there are times when I want a guy around (a lightbulb goes out, I want to see a sports movie, I watch a couple kiss goodbye on the el, etc.), it takes a lot to convince me to give up my alone time. Or my cat time for that matter. But last night I was headed over to J.'s house for date #4 and I have to admit, I loved picking up two sandwiches. I almost tossed a needless "my boyfriend" at the clerk. Which is funny, because it's date #4 for god's sake. Though being single is much more acceptable than it once was--and I like it!--there's a small (I hope *really* small) part of me that feels more comfortable as part of a pair.

As a side note, I made him watch Moulin Rouge and he had the good sense to at least pretend he liked it. Which is nice, because otherwise, I would have concluded that he had no imagination. Not only are musicals hilarious, they're great litmus tests!

1 comment:

Liz McKeon said...

You know what else is great about Moulin Rouge? The extras allow you to change the angles of the tango scene as it plays. It's like you're a cinematographer, but without any training whatsoever. And you can sing along the *entire time* and annoy everyone around you as you replay it over and over again. Good thing I live alone.